Printing for Students
Paying for printing
We administer a system called "Pharos Pay for Print" that allows students to pay for printing electronically in computer labs.
Each semester, students are granted a credit for business printing (i.e. 8.5 x 11 sized paper).
- Full-time students: $12 credit
- Part-time students: $6 credit
- Winter term students: $2 credit
If you have a credit at the end of a semester, the balance will be carried forward to the next semester.
In the event of a printer malfunction, you may apply for a refund.
Cost of printing
The price between black and color printing differs. Color printing is only available in certain labs (Library and Norse Tech Bar).
- Black prints $0.08 per page
- Color prints $0.50-0.75 per page (depending on location)
Printing from your own computer
"Norse Print” is designed to allow students to send prints from their own computer or device to a print kiosk at the University. Below are locations of the kiosks. For detailed instructions, visit the Norse Print site.
- Steely Library 1st Floor Lab (SL100)
- Steely Library 4th Floor Lab (SL400)
- Science Center 4th Floor
- Norse Tech Bar (UC, plaza level)
Printing in residence halls
University Suites 227 has a computer lab and printer. Callahan Hall 152 has a computer lab (no printer).
Students living in residence halls may bring printers, however, wireless printing is NOT permitted so make sure to pack the cord.
How to Request Service